The Johnny Winter Story

Johnny Winter Concerts and Tours during 1999

Johnny Winter Events during Timeline 1999

This page covers Johnny Winter performances, concerts and tours during the year 1999 quickly jump to the year: 1990 , 1991 , 1992 , 1993 , 1994 , 1995 , 1996 , 1997 , 1998 , 1999 .

This web-page includes many reviews of fans and visitors of Johnny Winter concerts of 1998, the opinions expressed are responsibility of the individual reviewers, the webmaster does not necessarily share these opinions,


Johnny starts the year with a series of concerts in January and February. A new drummer called: Vito Luizzi, joins the band.

Finally after several years, Johnny does a European tour in July. In Finland he meets Gyorgy Karpati who wants to shoot a documentary on Johnny Winter

Friday, 29 January 1999 ROXY THEATER, 2004 MAIN STREET, NOTHAMPTON, PA, 610-262-7699

Saturday, 30 January 1999 PEARL ST, 10 PEARL STREET, NORTH HAMPTON, MA, 413-584-7771

All I can say to everyone is that I am ecstatic!! Johnny is back!! Sat night in Northampton was just incredible. For starters, he played longer than Ive ever seen him play, about an hour and 1/2. Though his set list was right off of Live in NYC, he played EXTENDED versions of each tune, and was throwing in licks that were not on the disk. He never once sat down, never even had his stool on stage, never once looked at his watch, and was even opening his eyes occaisionally to smile at the people in the front row..(me and my bro.. grin) It was general admission so we got a chance to get right to the front, right in the center, about THREE feet away from Johnny, front and center. Like I said he played the set list right off of NYC, right up until "Just a Little Bit", which he skipped. He also skipped "The Sky is crying". I couldnt believe that with dropping two songs from the set he ended up playing an hour 1/2 while the disk is only 1 hour long! He was singing full sets of each verse at least twice for each song with solos in between. He only left the stage for a minute after "Sun Is Shining", then came back for Johnny Guitar and Drop The Bomb. He was smiling during Johnny Guitar and the crowd was just going wild. I'm still hoarse today. ;-) During Drop the Bomb, he was really getting into that riff from "Fast Life Rider" and so was I! You guys arent going to believe it, but during Drop The Bomb, he actually spun around on one boot in a full circle and started grinning!!!! He looked like he was about to start laughing. He was animated, smiling, opening his eyes, and he didnt miss (m)any notes. This was in contrast to the last time I saw him a little over a year ago, when he sat on his stool and looked at his watch between every song, and only played for 45 mins. I dont know if he just had a lot of rest, or whether the crowd was getting him into it.. (we were really really loud and crazy), but we witnessed an awesome show. He played his white lazer with all the star stickers on it for every song but one, "Sun Is Shing", which he played slide for. All in all, I just cant say how happy I am to see him smiling and playing. It was a night that will forever be burned in my memory, and I hope that it is an indication of the shows to come. I am still flying high! Well, time to get back to work, I hope I didnt leave anything out, and if I did and you want to ask me a question, feel free! Until later...

Rob Johnston

Hello Everybody,

I saw Johnny in concert Sat. night at Pearl Street, in Northampton, MA. One of the reasons that I went to the show(other than the fact that I love him) was because of all the trashing of him that I have been reading everywhere. According to everything that I have read lately, the concert was going to be a horror show. Well, it was NOT! This was one of the few, if only, times that Johnny came out on time. I can remember back in the 70's, waiting for hours for him to come out on stage. None of that last night. There was a jam-packed house(I would guess 1000 people) and Johnny came out about 10:40PM. He was guided closely, but no one had to help him in any way. He walked very, very slowly to his microphone and seemed a bit unsteady. He looked weak, but not sick, in any way. He was given his guitar cord by one of his handlers, and he plugged it in by himself. There were two stools on either side of the stage, but Johnny stood through the whole show. He opened with HIDEAWAY and this was the only song that he missed several notes.He followed with SEN-SA-SHUN/GOT MY MOJO WORKING and the crowd was going crazy. I am not making this up!!! The audience sang along with Johnny on all of the songs last night. Next came SHE LIKES TO BOOGIE REAL LOW, then SICK & TIRED, and BLACKJACK. Then Johnny said the thing that everybody looks forward to:"I'm going to play some slide guitar for ya". He proceeded to do a nice version of THE SUN IS SHINING and then introduced the band. I know that it was Mark Epstein on bass, but I could not make the new drummer's name out. He said " good night" and left the stage. The crowd was screaming for an encore and Johnny came back after about 3 minutes. He did JOHNNY GUITAR and DROP THE BOMB, introduced the band again, said "goodnight", and it was over. Here's some points that I would like to share with all of you.

1) From what I had read lately, I figured that Johnny couldn't play at all, and I would be lucky to see him play some chords. I went in expecting the worse case scenario. Except for HIDEAWAY, he played a pretty clean show. However, his playing was very calculated and methodical. He never improvised at all, staying within the song's arranged chords and leads. When he first came out and plugged in to warm up, he reeled-off a flurry of practice notes, just like he has always done in the past. This was great!!!! He only came close to repeating this rapid fire stlye a couple of times during the show. I believe that Johnny can still play pretty fast, but in his condition, he does not like to take chances. He just plays whats comfortable to him(just my opinion).

2) At the end of SEN-SA-SHUN/GOT MY MOJO WORKING Johnny let out a big YYYYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! That was probably my most emotional moment of the whole show. It brought back all of those great memories that I have of Johnny, and I have thousands! The crowd went nuts too!!!!

3) When Johnny got to the lead part of SICK & TIRED he played the lead and chords for JOHNNY B. GOODE. That was cool. It wasn't the lightning quick, million notes a minute lead that we have been so accustomed to, but it was cool!!!!!

4) Johnny can still play a good slide guitar. This was evident on THE SUN IS SHINING. He played fluidly and pretty fast. The audience, and myself, really loved it. The only tough part of it was when he was strapping on his Firebird. He picked-up the guitar alright, but he really struggled to bring the strap up and over his head. I had my doubts that he was going to be able to do it unassisted. But, after about a 10-15 second struggle, he managed to get it up and over. Then he had a hard time plugging the cord into the guitar. Again, he managed to do it unassisted.

5) Johnny did a spin during JOHNNY GUITAR(could have been during DROP THE BOMB). It was slow, but he did it.

6) I have to give the crowd a 10+. They absolutely loved Johnny from start to finish and cheered wildly throughout. They sang along with Johnny on ALL the songs. I really felt great for him!!!!!!

7) The show lasted 1 hour(10:40-11:40). Tickets were a bit steep at $28.00 a pop.

All in all I was happy that I went. It may be the last time that I ever see him in concert. I don't know. He does not look sick at all, just very, very, very weak. He always looked frail, so I expected him to be thin. His vocals were a bit weak, but not terrible. Johnny seemed real happy throughout the show too! As Johnny left the stage for the final time, he waved and smiled to the audience, and I was happy that he seemed happy. If he is happy playing, then I guess I should be happy for him. I am just so used to hearing HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED or HELP ME from his haydays, that I have been spoiled will his blistering attack of old. If you have any questions, please feel free to write. Take care, hope all is well with everyone.

Tuesday, 2 February 1999 HARPER'S FERRY, 158 BRIGHTON AVENUE, ALSTON, MA , 617-254-9743

I wished I had found this web site before I went to see Johnny rather than after seeing Johnny. I would have not missed it for the world, but I would have preferred to be prepared for what I was about to see. I have seen him six or seven times since my first (still have one unused ticket) concert on April 1, 1975 at the Music Hall in Boston. The last time was in the early 80's. I recently bought "Live in NYC 1997" and assumed he was in top form. Reviews in this site don't paint the same picture. Don't know how they pulled it off, but it is a treasured addition to my collection.

Harpers Ferry is a small club with a decent high stage and good acoustics. I bought my ticket the day before the show and they had sold about 350 tickets at that point. I figure that there must have been a crowd of 500 or so there. When I came in Johnny was already playing and I could immediately tell he was not in form. I play in a band myself and I these are the opinions of someone who walked in sober and had one beer for the whole show.

The bass player (Epstein) and the drummer formed a tight rythmn section. Johnny for the first few songs was slighty behind the groove and at times they slowed a little to accomodate him. They did pretty much what everyone else reported with the exception of "Goin' Down" which the bass player sang. It seemed like they didn't expect to play it. Johnny would just play and they would follow him. At one point during a song he missed a chord change and hung in that chord for a while. The bass player and the drummer looked at each other and shrugged it off. Johnny seemed to figure it out and when he did move they were ready to follow.

Johnny sang only parts of songs leaving out parts of a lot of the verses and not forgetting any of the chorus parts. He seemed to struggle with leads, however, I saw occasional flashes of the old Johnny Winter. When he played the slide on his old Firebird the entire song was flawless - a true Johnny Winter gem. At one point to everyone's surprise including his band he went from one song into the middle of another. When he used to do that years ago everyone in the band seemed to know he was going to.

Johnny looked frail at best. He stood close to the mike and swayed whether he was playing or not. He seemed confused and at one point wandered off stage after a song only to be turned around and sent back. He spoke a few times and there were a few Yeahs and Well Allrights and he told the audience how much he loved them. The crowd reaction was enthusiastic - everyone cheered and yelled, mostly out of respect and admiration. I would have not wanted to see what would have happened if someone heckled him.

If you decide to go see Johnny just be prepared. Either his management are scumbags who want to get everything out of him possible or he just needs the money, but if I were him I'd bow out gracefully. If he returns I will be there - not expecting to get blown away by his musicianship, but just to visit an old friend thats left me with a treasure of memories. We can all still listen to what he used to sound like....

Wednesday, 3 February 1999 LIFE, 58 BLEEKER STREET, NEW YORK CITY, NY, 212-420-1999

05 Feb 1999 -Daytona's, 8501 Fort Smallwood Rd. Pasadena, MD.

Hey once again,

The show Friday night at Daytona's was quite an event. Daytona's is a small venue that (just a guess) mebby 350 capacity. The tickets didn't sell up front very well at all, I got mine at TicketMaster the night before, and it was only the 29th ticket sold via TicketMasters. But joint was packed to capacity by showtime.

A Baltimore local blues band, Kelly Bell was the warmup band, and they were pretty darned good. There set was a little short of an hour and a half (just a guess, I didn't have a watch), which surprised me, but they were recording for a live CD that night, so it makes sense.

The set change only took about a half hour and Johnny took the stage as soon as the set change was finished. This was the first time I saw him since 1992, so even though I've been on this list for nearly a year, and have heard all the reports I was somewhat surprised by his appearance. He was moving very slow, but with purpose. One thing I noticed because I was right up front is that one of the things that has progressed is his level of blindness, because even walking on stage and picking up his laser, his eyes were closed, in fact, his eyes were closed throughout the whole show - he didn't once even glance at the neck of his guitar. Anywho, He played the white laser, and had a little trouble getting it cranked, the stage crew had to work on it for a few minutes, but he got it cranking and away he went.

He was a man with a purpose that night. He opened with HideAway (yeah, I know, big shock - I've seen him 18 times now, and ever since the early eighties, I have never seen a show that he didn't open with that song - but it is a darned cool blues tune - I ain't complaining) :o) And did pretty well, but was somewhat repetitive with the lead, but did an extended version. Then he did sen-sa-shun/mojo and did an extended version of that too. The crowd was absolutely going nuts by now, singing the "got my mojo workin'" part and everything. Then he did boggie real low, and was very tight for that tune. Next tune was Sick and Tired which was very good, then he did Black Jack, and the crowd was absolutely going nuts during the whole tune, and again as with most of the songs he did an extended version, and he was really on it.

Then he changed to the Firebird and did The Sun is Shining, and really did a great rendition, his slide playing was on the mark. Then he through in a new wrinkle, he turned to Mark Epstine and the stood there facing each other, and they did "Going Down" (my mind is still fuzzy on this, but I believe it's an old, old fleetwood mac song???) and the new drummer did the vocals (mark helped with the backup vocals, but it was an obvious audience participation song and the whole crowd got into singing "down, down, down" (yadda yadda) it was really really funky! The funkiest version of any song I've ever heard Johnny do - twice as funky as drop the bomb. Johnny seemed to have a fair amount of trouble with his part, the prolly hadn't practiced it enough but epstine and the drummer really had it going on - it blew me away~!!!

He finished the set with Johnny Guitar, and the crowd was loving it, sing the refrain - I guess that is a natural crowd participation replacement for Johnny B. Goode. His encore was Drop the Bomb, and he did fairly well, but his lead parts weren't as quality as on the album. The crowd was absolutely nuts throughout the show - it was a really good experience.

I was very close, I stood right behind the video camera with the guy shooting, I pretty much got cornered there as I was talking to him (this is the guy producing the documentary that I wrote about in the other letter) - it was pretty cool, I sorta played guard for him, keeping people off him - I'm a pretty big guy, so I can block pretty good. One of the observations I made is that Johnny's fingers are very stiff, and his ability to fret quickly seems to be hampered by the condition of his hands - he did a really good job considering - and mind you, this is just an observation from someone who is not a medical professional, but the problem seems systemic, in other words, it didn't look to me to be a condition that has the ability to get a whole lot better over time. And he definitely is not his old spry self.

I went to the bus after the concert. I had never done that before, don't know why, but I'm glad I went there last night. I got a chance to talk briefly with Mark Epstine, he's a really cool dude. He is pretty much thrilled to death that he is in the privileged position of being Johnny's bass player. Two guitars went in for singing, one was a dobro (sp') - I thought that was really cool. I felt kind of stupid sending my ticked stub in for an autograph, but I hadn't planned on hanging around the bus, so I didn't have anything better with me. There were a lot of really faithful fans there, and they hung around quite some time even though the film crew was on the bus for over a half hour and impeded the folks ability to get to see him or get autographs. There had to be about 50 people there at the bus.

It was a fantastic night overall, and I'm really glad that I went.

06 Feb 1999 - Jaxx in Springfield, VA

Johnny Winter took the stage at about 10:25 and played, to the best of my recollection:

  • Hideaway
  • Sensashun/Mojo
  • Boogie real low
  • Sick and Tired
  • Black Jack Game
  • The Sun is Shining-slide
  • Going Down-Vito Luizzi vocals (thanks Jan, for the spelling)
  • Johnny Guitar
  • encore-Drop the Bomb

Johnny Winter Jaxx 1999


Johnny Winter Jaxx 1999

I've heard lots of his albums during his good and bad times. My impression going into the concert was that as blues musicians go, he was ok. And that the body of his work was revamped 50's rock n roll tunes like Johnny B Goode. But I also knew he was getting on in years, so I wanted to see him at least once before he was gone.

His gear for the concert consisted of 3 music man 4x10 amps (only 2 of which were on), his white Erlewine Lazer, a 60's Gibson Firbird, and a Boss Chorus pedal that he never turned off.


Johnny Winter Jaxx 1999

His bassist helped him up the 2 or 3 steps to get onto stage. And Johnny walked out on the stage in little baby steps. He looked "very" old and fragile. At one point he wanted his chorus pedal moved to a different location. And he had the bassist on his knees saying "you want it here' No' Here'..." From the looks of it, Johnny probably couldn't have bended over if his life depended on it.. Also throughout the performance, whenever he needed to change guitars, he would baby step over to the side of the stage. Then a roadie would take one guitar off and put the other one on for him.

He opened up the concert with the Erlewine Lazer. He played lots of Architypal blues riffs. Nothing too hard and no solo's that didn't sound like memorized riffs. But he was ok. I was really amazed that he was as fluid as he was in playing. There were a few flubs, but unless you were a guitarist, you probably wouldn't have noticed.


Johnny Winter Jaxx 1999

Where he really shined was when he did some slide work on his Firebird. The tunes were all derivative of Robert Johnson songs. But then again so was just about everything that Muddy Waters played. And Johnny spent alot of time playing with Muddy. But I play slide myself, and I was again impressed with the fluidity of his playing. If he came out with an album composed totally of slide work, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I never got to see Johnny in his prime, so I don't really have any way to make a comparison. But he's still doing pretty good considering his failing health.

But any opportunity you have to see a blues legend should be taken, there are so very few of them left, and Johnny Winters is no exception.

Johnny Winter Jaxx 1999

Saturday, 13 March 1999, Village Pub, 509 Main St, Port Jefferson, NY, 516-331-4309

Guitar World, June 1999

The latest issue of "Guitar World" (June 1999) features "1969, The Greatest Year In Rock". There's a nice little piece on page 94 discussing Johnny and his three-sided record album, "Second Winter". ( I still can't get over "Memory Pain", the playin' and the singing are equally phenomenal.....)


Friday, 2 April 1999, House of Blues, 226 Decatur, New Orleans, LA, 504-383-7918

Saturday, 3 April 1999, Varsity Theater, 3357 Highland Road, Baton Rouge, LA, 504-383-7018

Monday, 5 April 1999, Antone's, 212 West 5th St, Austin, TX, 512-322-0660

Wednesday, 7 April 1999, Antone's, 212 West 5th St, Austin, TX, 512-322-0660

I saw Johnny Winter last night at Antones in Austin. TX. This will be short to avoid repitition. I saw him here a year ago, and this was a marginally better show. It was the NYC set with "sick and tired" as an encore. He was stiff, lifeless, but seemed pleased with the fans and his music. Clifford Antone, Antones Records and clubowner, was there and screaming encouragement. The soon to be con, drug trafficing, never liked Johnny Winter's rock/blues mix. We have argued about this many times. I always said SRV supped heavily at J's table, but the muttonhead never saw it. It was nice to see him being supportive now. J's voice seems a little thinner still, but the band , except for Hideaway, followed him more easily. Johnny drifts in his tempo. Seems to be a difficulty with concentration, not his trademark shifts during extended jams. The crowd was very enthusiastic, and I talked to first timers and old-timers. The former saw a very fine bluesman and were impressed. The latter were a bit sad and shocked but admiitted he was still a fine, perhaps not as great, player. I find the voice is what I have a hard time getting used to. Weak, thin, and often out of tune. He is still an excellent, if inconsistent, player who enjoys his work.

About Johnny's web site chat about his health: If he wrote that, I'll wear a dress and sing show tunes at a Pat Buchanan rally. That's probably as true as the mythical poll conducted for the song selection on his NYC CD. Here's hoping he does some Hooker/BB Kingesque collaborration CD's in the future. He's still alive, but not well. But not worse.


Friday, 9 April 1999, Deep Ellum Live, 2727 Canton Street, Dallas, TX, 214-526-8077

Saturday, 10 April 1999, Calns Ballroom, 423 North Main, Tulsa, OK, 918-747-0001

Johnny Winter Cain's Ballroom 1999

Monday, 12 April 1999, Coyote's, 408 Buttermilk, Fort Mitchel, KY, 606-341-5150

A quick review: Johnny's playing was virtually flawless, but blistering riffs of 10 years ago are no longer there, nor are the strong vocals. He played the usual NYC set that we've come to expect, Johnny Guitar and the funk tune (I forget the title) being the encore. It was a bit awkward, watching him take baby steps on the stage, sliding his feet no more than six inches at a time, but he seemed to enjoy the show as much as we enjoyed seeing him perform (the 8th time for me).

An interesting side note: Edgar opened for him, but his guitar player had some sort of emergency, so one of the local roadies/soundmen sat in on guitar. He did well considering it was a last minute replacement, but struggled a tad with some of the 5 minute solo spots in Frankenstein. During one of the last songs, the real guitarist showed up with blood spilled on his shirt and an Ace bandage wrapped around his head! He finished the show spectacularly. I never found out how he got injured, though.

Edgar Winter came out and played 2 or 3 songs with Johnny, and Johnny seemed to light up when Edgar hit the stage.
Good show overall.

Tuesday, 13 April 1999, Coyote's Louisville, 133 West Liberty St, Louisville, KY, 502-588-3888

Thursday, 15 April 1999, The Thunderdome, 370 Orleans Ave, Akron, OH, 330-376-7627


Friday, 16 April 1999, Majestic Theater, 4140 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI, 313-833-9700

Johnny Winter Concert Poster at the Majestic

Monday, 24 May 1999, Towson MD, Recher Theatre

Guitar World, June 1999

The latest issue of "Guitar World" (June 1999) features "1969, The Greatest Year In Rock". There's a nice little piece on page 94 discussing Johnny and his three-sided record album, "Second Winter". ( I still can't get over "Memory Pain", the playin' and the singing are equally phenomenal.....)


Tuesday, 8 June 1999, Bell Atlantic Jazz Festival, South Street Seaport, New York City, NY

Thursday, 17 June 1999, Gilford NH, Meadowbrook Farm

Saturday, 19 June 1999, Portland ME, Stone Coast Brewing Co.

Sunday, 20 June 1999, Amagansett NY, Stephen Talkhouse

Tuesday, 22 June 1999, Reading PA, Top Of The Rock

Thursday, 24 June 1999, Recher Theater, 512 York Rd. Townson, MD.

Friday, 25 June 1999, Sussex County Fair, Georgetown DE,

Saturday, 26 June 1999, Jaxx, 6355 Rolling RD, Springfield, VA

'Johnny plays Jaxx'

Well, it's not that bad yet, but on Saturday night Johnny and his entourage were seen playing at Jaxx, the nightclub, in Springfield VA. Apparently his last gig before his, long anticipated, European tour. The evening was not without glitches though. The opening act, Pride Enjoy, a local Stevie Ray Vaughan cover band, was 30 minutes into their set when a loud crackling manifested itself in the Sound system. It took quite awhile to isolate the problem. At one point, one of Slatus' people was helping out, and after several ear piercing feedbacks, said 'I'm out of here' and left the stage. At this point I thought the evening was in jeopardy. Slatus was hanging around and watching the progress, and didn't look very pleased with the situation.

The problem was apparently corrected, but by this time it was history for Pride Enjoy, and the second band, Susan Angelliti, took the stage. They mentioned that Teddy brought them down from Massachusetts and were well received by the crowd. The guitar player did a good job backing Susan with tasteful licks, and helping with the vocals. Because of the earlier Sound problems, their set was cut short also. It was time for the main event.

Johnny Winter Jaxx 1999
Johnny Winter Jaxx 1999 Johnny Winter Jaxx 1999


Got my Mojo/Sen-Sa-Shun
She likes to Boogie Real Low
Sick & Tired
Black Jack Game
Sun is Shining
Going Down
Johnny Guitar
encore/Drop the Bomb

Johnny Winter Jaxx 1999

He _did_ play a little better than he did a few months earlier at Jaxx. There were fewer (obvious) guitar muffs and seemed to play within his current style better. A couple of times during his set he would yell 'yeaaa' back and forth with the crowd a few times. He was well received and supported by the crowd who cheered him on and were sorry to see him leave after the encore.

The current band with Vito Luizzi, and Mark Epstein, did a good job backing Johnny although a couple of times it seemed they weren't all playing on the same page. Vito, does a good job singing 'Going Down' and Mark does a good job following Johnny.

Johnny pulled the Firebird out for 'The Sun is Shining' and unfortunately, put it back in the case after the one song. This reviewer wishes he would play more slide. 2 0r 3 songs wouldn't be asking too much and it is more forgiving within his current playing style.

Johnny Winter Jaxx 1999

Johnny is still using the white Lazer, but his playing was, repetitious, tentative, and lacking of emotion. There are others that would disagree with me though. A (non guitar playing) friend who was with me raved after the show that Johnny was really 'on'. And challenged me to name someone who played as few notes so well. But I wasn't there to degrade or disrespect my hero and rather decided to let him revel in his moment. Another (guitar playing) friend remarked he could see what 'people were saying'.

So it looks like you'll have to go see Johnny Guitar and form your own opinion. As long as he is still coming to my town I will be there to see him. Club Reviewer, ...Gary

Another review of the same Jaxx show:

last night was an incredible show! catch him while you can. I've been reading how bad Johnny looks and was basically prepared to see him in the shape he's in, but I don't think most of the crowd was. I think after he started playing some most got over it and enjoyed the legend in front of them. the last time I saw him was 3 years ago and he was every bit as good this time if not better. the crowd was really responsive! every time he let a "YEAH" a huge roaring YEAH came right back at him. he may not move very fast but his fingers take care of all the business. he did do a spin at one point during a solo which was fun to see. You don't go to see johnny to watch some one jumping around like a nut, you go to see the man wail and that's what he did!

Here's the show as far as I can remember buddy weiser may have clouded a few things...the set list was probably close to his standard show with some differences

he opened with Hideaway which was much longer than the live in NYC version from what I remember. he got down to business right away. couple of flubs, but he was just getting warmed up. i personally like a few missed notes. that's what live music is all about. this instrumental went on for a while and Johnny Winter has no fear of soloing!! every time I thought was about to close this one, he hit the turnaround and took off again. the longer the better...

next was Sen-Sa-Shun > Got My Mojo Workin'. much like his latest live album. really got the crowd going, everyone same along. and he was right into his groove playing now.

She Likes To Boogie Real Low. another great tune, again very much like the live album. great solos. I don't know if it was me, but most of the tunes he played that were also off of the live album seemed to be longer than what was recorded. which I extremely thankful for! but then again it may be the buds (both kind) talking.

Black Jack. this song was incredible. straight blues the way it was meant to be. he brought the house down with his solos in this one. unbelievable. He kept building and raising the level, only to climax with a deafening roar from the crowd. any true Johnny Winter fan was in heaven at this point. this was probably my favorite song of the night, although he kept blowing me away all night...

"damn it, can't remember the name of this song" which really pissed me off because it was different than his last live CD and I was expecting to see a repeat list for his show last night and it wasn't! it was a great rockin'-boogie-blues tune. more excellent soloing that the crowd loved. where I was standing, front row about five feet from Johnny Winter, you couldn't hear the vocals that well at all. if Jaxx would have had them turned up in the monitors it would have been fine, but the vocals were basically behind me. the price you pay for standing so close to greatness. tried desperately to remember a line from the chorus to help me figure it out this morning, but that got washed away. just remembered it grooved nicely and his playing was right on and everyone was boogying

The Sun is Shining. The place went nuts when he switched to slide guitar. goose bumps over took everyone when he strapped that thing on. in my opinion he is the best slide player ever. It was amazing watching him pull off his stuff so effortlessly. each tune just kept getting better. unfortunately this was the only song he played slide on, but at least we got this and it kicked ass. unbelievable to hear and see.

Going Down. that's right, the Jeff Beck tune. This one ripped the roof off of the place. The drummer sang it and was right on with it. I assume he doesn't have Tom Compton with him anymore and this new(er) guy brought a lot of energy to the night. They totally ripped it up with this one. long rocking solos. Johnny Winter stepped back from the microphone on this one and he, mark epstein and the drummer were huddled back near the drum kit just ripping it up. anyone that wanted to hear Johnny do some of his kick-ass 70's rock tunes got just what they were looking for on this one. damn.

Johnny Guitar. his new anthem and boy did he deliver. these words seem to match the life he is living. he came and conquered! "they call me johnny guitar, i'm coming to play in your town." and did he ever. this one again seemed a good bit longer than the CD also. As he ripped thru the solo on this one, he went into Bony Moronie. this was really cool, everyone around me was singing "i got a girl name Bony Moronie". he didn't go into the words but he definitely played it for a while. another gem of the night.

they left the stage for a couple of minutes as the crowd was screaming. He walked off on his own, slow and careful, but no one was helping him. he took care of his own shit. after a few, they returned.

Drop the Bomb. great instrumental groove rock. they seemed to take their time on this one. some really great bass jamming thrown in on this one (as well as few other spots in the night). at the end of some progressions you think Johnny Winter was done and then he turned it around and kept going. he was doing that all night. you gotta love him.

What a show! don't miss your chance to catch this legend. I've seen him many time over the last 13 years and he's as good now as he ever has been. He may look frail but his playing ain't. He delivered all night and left everyone smiling. what more could you ask for.

take care, simon

Kulturmagazin, Live! Köln - July 1999

Der illustrierte Mann

Serious as a heart attack: Johnny Winter, der bleiche Bluespriester, ist zurück. Am 25. Juli läßt er im Tanzbrunnen die Eingeweide vibrieren. "Er ist der illustrierte Mann. Baby / Seine Tätowierungen sind überall", heißt es in einem Song, den Freunde der Texas-Blues-Legende Johnny Winter geradezu auf den Leib geschrieben haben. Der "guitar slinger" mit der schlohweißen Mähne hat sich jede einzelne seiner Tätowierungen hart verdient -als hätte sich der Blues in seinen schlaksigen KÖrper eingebrannt. Vierundvierzig lange Jahre, seit Winter, gerade mal elf, zusammen mit seinem Bruder in einer Radioshow, für Amateure auftrat. Denn einfach war es nicht, sich als weißer Bluesgitarrist Glaubwürdigkeit zu erspielen. Winter zog von Club zu Club, vom Lone-Star-Staat aus durch den tiefen Süden. Und auch als ihm 1968 sein Debütalbum "Johnny Winter" amerikaweiten Ruhm einbrachte, staunte noch der "Rolling Stone": "Stellen Sie sich vor, ein 48 Kilo leichter, schielender Albino mit langen flaumigen Haaren spielt eine der erdigsten Bluesgitarren, die Sie jemals gehört haben." John Lennon war begeistert, ebenso die Rolling Stones. Beide schrieben einen Song für den Bluesman. Eine stilsichere Serie klassischer Blues- und Hardrock-Platten folgte, immer wieder unterbrochen von Johnnys anschwellender Drogensucht und Schüben selbstmörderischer Depression. "Ein Dämon, schreiend, auf der Brust", singt er in der Körperbeschreibung von "Illustrated Man". John Dawson Winter III sammelte Tattoos: "Die Mona Lisa schmückt seine Wange / Auf der Nase prangt Van Gogh".

Der Blues ließ ihn nicht mehr los:' Bis sich 1977 ein Traum für Winter erfüllte. Er durfte das Comeback-Album seiner Ikone Muddy Waters produzieren. "Mit Muddy zu arbeiten", resümierte Winter, "ließ mich spüren. daß den Leuten endlich klar wurde, der täuscht nichts vor, der kann wirklich den Blues spielen." Das bewies der Texaner auf Grammy-gekrönten Alben bis heute. Nur hierzulande gab es lange, allzu lange, keine Gelegenheit mehr, den Bluesmeister zu hören. Jetzt kommt er -das erste Mal nach dreizehn Jahren -für ein einziges Konzert nach Deutschland, in den Kölner Tanzbrunnen. Im Vorprogramm die kaum minder verdiente englische Bluesband Dr.Feelgood. die jetzt mit Winter ihr 25jähriges Bühnenjubiläum feiern kann.

Kulturmagazin, Live! Köln


July 1999, First European Tour since years

Thursday, 15-16 July 1999 Pori Jazz Festival Finland.

Johnny played at Pori Jazz Festival in Finland on Thursday 15th of July. The venue was great. It was an old factory outlet, quite nicely decorated as an Louisina style clubhouse with woodoo fiqures etc.

J ohnny came on stage 11.15 PM and opened ofcourse with Hideway. And then played through almost the same set than on Live on NYC 1998 CD. His drummer Vito Luizzi did vocals on Going down, I guess thats an old Freddy King or Jimmy Reed tune, can't remember for sure.

Audience did seem to like what they heard. Of course there was a lot of fans who haven't see Johnny for a years and they were expecting more or less johnnybegoodebonymoronie stuff.

It was 1987 he was last time in Finland. And one sign that people really have been waiting for to see him was that the consert was almost sold out, 4700 tickets sold when 5000 was the maximum capasity. Robben Ford opened for him.

Johnny ended the consert with Johnny Guitar and encore was Drop the Bomb as alway nowadays. He did great vocals, very strongly, at Sick and Tired and nice piece of slide on Sky is cryin'.

I saw Johnny last time a year ago at Toronto and this time he was much better I think.

After the consert I went to meet Slatus (who I know since 1992) at backstage on their bus. He was really happy about the consert and the venue. I also had a chat with Mark Epstain who seemed to enjoy of their consert also. Johnny was happy too.

1 AM Johnny had an press conferense. There was about 15 journalist alltogether, and also 3 TV Stations from Finland. Johnny was in a very good mood unthough he seemed to be quite tired. He mentioned that he is going to start to work on an new studio album on spring 2000, I quess that was the news of the conference.

He sat there in front of media for about 20 minutes and after that signed album covers for people for about 10 more minutes. Many people also got a picture with him outside of the press room.

Next day he played an outdoor gig at the same festival but I didn't saw that. I guess many people are worried about Johnnys healt but what I think that he is just getting older and ofcourse the past years has left marks on him, also others than his tattoos. He said that he is on a medication for anxiety and he knows that he is not anymore like he was on his 20's or 30's. But he loves to play and he will do tours as long as he just can be on stage. I see this just as an prosess of one persons life. Like with everybody else. John Lee Hooker is not like he was 30 years a go. Miles Davies was older and different on his late years. Keef is not teenager any more.

I think Johnnys fans has more problems with this fact than Johnny himself.

Thursday, 15-16 July 1999 Pori Jazz Festival Finland.

This PDF attachment has the official program

Monday, 19 July 1999, Cuarel Conde Duque, Madrid, Spain

Tuesday, 20 July 1999, Jardines de Viveros, Valencia, Spain

I saw Johnny Winter's concert in Madrid (Spain) last 20th of july. I had not read yet any comment from this list, so I expected a Johnny Winter like 6 year's ago (last time I saw him). When he came in the scenario, I was badly surprised. He seemed to be 80 years old. One week before I saw B.B King in the same place and he looked younger than Johnny Winter. As in all the tour, he played the same songs than in the last live NYC album, but real slow. He had serious problems to make a distintion between the fith and sith cord of his guitar. Anyway, song after song he was increasing his finger's speed, and at the end of the concert he surprised everybody with a 360 degrees twist that all the public. He also made a bis, walking in and out of the scenario by himself, without any help. It was a pity that the concert lasted only 75 minutes.

Thursday, 22 July 1999, Festival del Grec Pueblo Espanol, Bacelona, Spain

Johnny played more or less the same set as usual, material from the NYC 1998 CD. Too bad he played only one slide, Sun Is Shining.

I had never seen him live. I have listened mostly to his Johnny Winter And Live LP and some others from that time, and IMO they are brilliant. When he first appeared on stage, I was shocked, as was most of the audience. He was guided by an assistant from the crew, just to get to the mic. He looked like he was 75 year old or so. Actually, I know some people who are in their seventies who look much much younger than Johnny (he is 55 now).

Anyway, once he got to the mic, he started playing Hideaway. Some flaws but, well, given the first impression, we were surprised that he could actually play. In fact, as the show went on, he gained fluidity and speed, specially in songs like Black Jack Game and Drop the Bomb. He sounded quite like the good Johnny Winter we all know, but at a 60-65% speed he could attain in his best years. This lack of speed was less evident in the slide song. I think he should play more slide, 4 songs or so would be good. He still has a good feeling with the slide and his Firebird. For the rest of the show he used the white Erlewine.

He played without moving his right arm at all, the movement was absolutely restricted to his hand, wrist and most of all fingers. He never stopped doing that litle movement from side to side, balancing, even when the songs were over and they were waiting for the encore backstage. Maybe he has some Parkinson, I don't know. He was very stiff. Once while changing guitars he couldn't even plug the cord himself to the guitar, he had to be helped. Of course he was always helped when changing guitars, and I guess it was impossible for him to pass the strap over his head. Too big a movement.

Once the concert was over we went to his bus. We got the tickets signed by Johnny Winter, although we didn't actually see him signing, it was his manager who took the tickets, closed the door and 10 minutes later opened the door and gave us the tickets signed. Who knows, maybe Johnny Winter was already resting in bed and someone signed for him. Anyway it was a good souvenir.

Overall, I would go again to see Johnny Winter, but I feel very bad for seeing him like he is nowadays. He has good guitar playing in him still, though.

Saturday, 24 July 1999, Blues Festival (Johnny Winter, Jonny Lang, Dr. Feelgood, B.B King) Luxemburg

Click here for pictures of the concert.

I saw Johnny Winter in Luxembourg on Satuday night at the the Luxembourg Blues Festival. The opening act was the Blues Company. The secound band was Johnny Lang, a great newscomer Bluesband The third band on stage was Dr. Feelgood, a band from Great Britain. The band plays Blues Rock. They were great.

Then the time came for the main event. This was my first time seeing Johnny Winter live on stage. He entered the stage at 11:00 p.m.

The opener was Hideway. Then he played through almost the same set as on Live on NYC 1997 CD. He played the same songs as Gary Eagle already has listed.

The band members Mark Epstein on bass and Vito Luizzi on drums did a good job. I think, Johnny's health condition is really bad. He looks like death warmed up. It's the said truth. I feel sad. He wasn't even able to put back his guitar in the case without help. They also had to lead him to the mike. The last act of this evening was B.B.King and Band. I have to say he used to be better, than he was that day. You hardly heard B.B.Kings guitar, but a lot of wind instruments.

The next day, July 25th, I went to see Johnny in Cologne Germany at Live Music Hall. The opening act again was Dr. Feelgood.

Then the time came again for Johnny. He played the same kind of songs as the day before. Although his health isn't the greatest his music still sound awesome. The people seem to like his music. For myself he is the greatest guitar player in the world. I just hope his health condition gets better, so we can see him Live on stage for a long time

On Saturday, 24 July, Johnny Winter was the headliner, together with B. B. King, at the Blues Circus Festival in Luxembourg. He was on scene for one hour (10.45 - 11.45 p.m.), which is in my opinion quite good at his actual state of health. He nearly couldn't move, but played a wonderful guitar. The public (6000 people) was quite enthousiastic. Some people came from 300 km and more just to see Johnny Winter. Other groups were the german Blues Company, Jonny Lang, Dr. Feelgood and B.B. King with his orchestra. It was for the first time that Johnny Winter played at the same festival with B. B. King. Johnny Winter didn't give any interview. It was forbidden to take photographs of him outside of the scene. On scene, photographs were allowed as usual for the first 3 songs (with a special press-card).

Sunday, 25 July 1999, Music Hall, Cologne, Germany

This concert in the Music Hall in Cologne, was orginally announced for Tanzbrunner. A review of the concert can be found in the Magazines Section

Tuesday, 27 July 1999, 013, Tilburg, Holland

I just returned from the Tilburg show. Here are my quick and personal impressions.

If it wasn't for you people on the list I would be terribly shocked at seeing Johnny. Fortunately I had read the reviews of recent shows, so I had a hint of what to expect.

I was hoping for something of the level of Live in NYC, which of course is Johnny Winter at ca. 60% of what he used to be, but not too bad eiher.

The opening made me fear for the worst. Hideaway at maybe half the speed of Live in NYC, and Johnny had trouble keeping up the pace. This went on for the first three pieces. He played like Charlie Watts plays drums, just after the beat, but hen a little later.

During the preparation of the the stage I spotted Teddy Slatus. The description someone on this list gave a while back was unmistakeable. Slatus was leading to the mic with his flashlight and during the show he stood with his arms crossed, looking at his watch now and then (did we fill the contract - one hour minimum). Oh yes, start 22.15, end 23.30.

After the first pieces thing got better. Black Jack went very well, with Johnny taking off on licks he didn't do on Live in NYC. All licks seem memorizd. Hideaway is extended by repeating many of the known riffs, same procedure for other songs. During Black Jack however, I heard him taking one-note or maybe two-note risks and get away with it.

I think Black Jack worked so well that it got Johnny in a good mood. Eevn Slatus was applauding fromt he back.

The crowd went wild when he put on the Firebird for the slide thing. Went nicely also. He did sme nice slide licks warming up. The slide was in is jeans pocket so it would be Johnny's body temparature (...).

During the encore Drop the Bomb Johnny did his slow motion spin described earlier on this list TWICE. The second time he almost fell over. His bouncig from one foot to the other also brought him close to the edge of the stage (got me some good photo's I hope).

As for the crowd, people were generous, but I heard some people around me (the first few rows - hard core fans I expect) saying things like pathetic, we'll never see him again etc.

Got to the parking lot too late. A few people were there who had given their ticket to some guy. who brought them back after a while with Johnny's autograph on them. He wouldn't take my ticket to the bus because they were leaving. I looked at the darkened windows of the bus trying to decide whether to wave or not. I didn't, he couldn't see me anyway. Thanks Johnny for your music of the last 30 years or so. Luckiliy I have the records to remember how brilliant you were.

I have taken some photo's. If some are any good I will scan them and put them on my homepage. I'll let you know.

Tired but satisfied. Not a bad show, taking everything into account.

Wednesday, 28 July 1999, The Paradiso, Amsterdam, Holland

Johnny Winter brought magic to a capacity crowd in Amsterdam's "Paradiso" last night. Though I was familiar with his recordings, I'd never actually seen him live before. You can't consider yourself a serious fan of Muddy Waters, without running into Johnny Winter ... (but it's grossly unfair to suggest that he is, or was, "just a sideman to Muddy ") ... For a long time, rumours have been going around that he is in serious ill-health.... declining... a "shadow of his former self".... I once saw a giant and personal hero, who, sadly, was just that; and who gave an embarrassingly bad performance, which was to be one of his last. Once had been enough. I didn't want to see Johnny Winter for the first, and I found myself thinking "the last" time, as a has-been... To be quite frank, my expectations were riddled with doubts and fears. I had heard from friends who had seen him before - quite a while ago, because he doesn't drop by Europe "every other week" - that a typical Johnny Winter show was short: "45, maybe 50 minutes, comprising 3 or 4 numbers which 'go on forever' , and that's it!" When he came onto the stage at exactly 10:00pm, he seemed, as I expected; frail and thin, and indeed: seemed to have lost a lot of his sight. Butalbinism is not kind, and Johnny Winter has, apparently, not been overly kind to himself either, so it may come as no surprise that he looks less than "in the prime of life". The applause was huge as he came on stage and was helped to the microphone and started to play... My first reaction was that this was an artist who (still) has a rare talent. It just flowed from his fingers... you could just tell... there was a masterly quality in the ease with which he played ... Sure: there were a few minor mistakes here and there in the first few numbers as he settled in and who could expect otherwise.... Within minutes I was aware that my fears for his failing ability were unfounded: he _may_ be past his prime (I can't really say!), but even if that is so, he is still a master - a class act. When he changed guitar to play slide, I was in blues heaven. Johnny Winter is blues to the bone and he showed it last night. I only wish he had played some acoustic.... but you can't have it _all_. His voice, I can attest, is not what it used to be, but I felt the sound quility was not great anyway last night. He spoke to the crowd a couple of times, but I couldn't catch what he said. He seemed, in any case, to be in good spirits and seemed to be en joying himself and that was heart-warming. Johnny Winter is not a stomping, prancing, jump-around-the stage artist - he may have been once, I don't know: but if he ever was, his health certainly doesn't permit that anymore. Despite his sedentery presence, he brought magic and surprising energy to a delighted crowd. After one encore, he left us and he waved behind him as he went. I was treated to 75 minutes of Johnny Winter last night. 75 minutes of a living blues legend. Despite fears for his health which cannot be dismissed, I felt a certain amount of confidence that I may have the pleasure of seeing him again. I hope I will. if you ever get the chance, then, as they say: "Run, don't walk.....". On a live album with Muddy Waters, Johnny Winter gives credit to Muddy as a number ends, by hollering something like: "yaaaaaah-that's-the-man.... the man's the best!". That just about sums up how I felt about last night's memorable performance by a great artist. He was, of course, sold out. I was just "sold" :-
Regards, PeterG -- Peter Gallagher, Amsterdam

Another review of Johnny Winter at the Paradiso Amsterdam

Me and my friends had decided to meet in a pub to have a drink before the show. I was walking past Paradiso, about one hour before the concert. just in time to see a touringcar arrive. After a short while a thin figure, bent, wearing a straw hat on top of his long white hair, carefully stepped out of the bus. Immediately it became clear that this man was in the late autumn of his life.

Supported by one of his roadies the legendary Johnny Winter very slowly shuffled towards the side entrance of the club.

I had never seen Johnny Winter play live. My first acquaintance with this blues-legend was in the late seventies, when a "Rock Palast"-concert in Germany was broadcasted live on television. I still have a half an hour audio-recording of this concert which I play regularly and treasure very much. In 1986 I started the "Mean Town Blues Band", and Winter became a great source of inspiration. We played some songs from the 3rd Degree and the Guitar Slinger album. Around 1990 the "Mean Town Blues Band" performed as a support-act before Johnny, also in Paradiso. Unfortunately, I had just left the band and was living abroad. For the ones who played then it still is an unforgettable experience.

Johnny started playing at 22.00 h. sharp. Only a few bars of Hide Away were enough to find out that he had trouble keeping the pace of his rhythm-section. His fastness was gone, and he limited his solos to the more simple licks, though quite sufficiently. During the whole concert he moved his weight from one leg on the other, and this was about the only movement he made, beside his hand moving up and down the neck of his guitar. It has to be said that the 1500 people present treated the guitar-hero with great respect. The Paradiso-audience is a very critical one and especially American bands seem to have trouble with this venue. I noticed that a lot of local pop-musicians where present. The crowd applauded heavily after each song.

Johnny made some bad mistakes in the song-schemes, but all of these were repaired instantly by the bassplayer and drummer, so well that non-musicians probably did not notice at all. There were a few moments that some of his old vigor was suddenly there again, especially playing bottle-neck. Johnny's singing was very soft. I have played in Paradiso myself five or six times, and I know the sound on stage is always very bad, so considering this circumstance Johnny still did quite well. Funny detail: both Johnny and the bassplayer, each had two amplifiers and speakerboxes, both identical, of which only one was used, so in case one amp would break down, they could immediately use the other one. After a 45-minute performance there was one extra. Johnny had so much trouble walking that he did not leave the stage, but just moved to the side of it, pausing for about 3 minutes, before doing just one single song for the encore. During this last song he surprised the audience by suddenly making a swift 180-degree turn.

Me and my friends wouldn't have liked to have missed this concert. Although it was too much of a contrast with the super guitar player of the 70's and the 80's, it was great to see this living legend perform. It may be hard to accept, especially for the more loyal fans, but everyone gets old some day.
Marc Crolla, Amsterdam


Friday, 30 July 1999, Luzern Blues Festival, Luzern, Switzerland

Johnny Winter In Luzern Switzerkand 1999

Saturday, 31 July 1999, Devilstones Night Festival, Heiden/Westf. Germany

Sunday, 15 August 1999, Bethel, NY, Yasgurs Farm


Tuesday, 7 September 1999, Seattle, WA, Show Box

Johnny Winter

West Coast Tour 1999
7th Sept. Seattle, Washington

Play list

  • Hideaway
  • Sen-Sa-Shun/Got My Mojo Working
  • She Likes to Boogie Real Low
  • Sick and Tired
  • Black Jack Game
  • The Sun is Shining
  • Goin’ Down or (Down, Down, Down) sung by Epstein
  • Johnny Guitar
  • Encore:
  • Drop the Bomb

The Showbox was standing room only with a huge dance floor and extended areas around the dance floor for standing. There were only a few tables and chairs located near the bar, but no matter where you were you could see the stage well, even with people standing in front of you.

Since I wanted to take pictures I got close to the stage. I wanted to see Johnny from beginning to end. I watched Johnny enter the stage with the rest of the band, Mark and Vito. Johnny stood in his usual place with his familiar fan turned on in front of him.

Johnny wore the same straw hat that he has been wearing on tour lately. He wore a black t-shirt with cut off sleeves and the design on the front of it looked to me like a small white line drawing of the Blues Brothers. He wore jeans and some nice, trim-looking suede boots, making him look like anything but a cowboy.

Johnny's movements and looks were exactly as have been described in past reviews and posts, no better, no worse. But he came out with a smile as he has always done. To me he presents as an exhausted, frail man who has lost his affect, who has been on the road an awfully long time, actually since a teenager. Most of the time his guitar playing seemed automatic. Johnny seemed to find comfort moving from one foot to the other. It was a lot more subtle than I expected. From observing him it was undeniable that he is a true blues man with a gigantic blues spirit, and continues to live on the road the best way, and only way he can, in order to play his music just for us, his devoted fans.

Eventually I began to accept and realize that seeing Johnny after so many years did not prove to be as devastating as anticipated. It was an emotion-packed night. Yes I cried but I also laughed, smiled, yelled and screamed, danced, and wiggled every part of my body, just as I have always done when I have had the privilege of getting to see Johnny live.

Johnny did improvise some really hot stuff as he was getting into 'Black Jack Game' toward the end of the song. He began the solo on this song sounding a bit repetitious. But even Johnny's repetitiousness in a guitar solo are better licks than most other guitarists, because you know it won't be long before he finds a way out, making it sound as if it was intended to be that way from the beginning. Johnny is simply doing the style of music he seems comfortable with at this stage in his life and he does it well. At some point that night I realized I had to accept the Johnny that was playing on stage. Intellectually I had accepted the changes in Johnny that the years had made on him, but emotionally I had not, and did not feel I could until I was able to see him perform in person.

In some ways I envied the majority of people there to see Johnny because they were there to have a good time, as they had always done in the past. Most were seemingly unaware of Johnny's limited repertoire as he and his band performed the same show night after night. So I realized at times I was probably listening more intensely to his playing than the multitude of happy, fun loving drunk partiers who were ecstatic to be there with Johnny. After all it is a reality that I had a lot of concern for Johnny as I entered the Showbox to hear him live after such a long, long time.

Mark is fantastic and is always smiling and reacting to Johnny's sound. He attacks the music by physically playing the bass as hard and heavy as he can. He has a genuine look of enjoyment and exceptional body language. Occasionally he will go over to Johnny so he can stand near him and they can play certain parts together up close and more personal. Only on one song did it look as if it was Johnny's idea to move closer to Mark in order to play by interacting with him. The rest of the time it seemed as if Johnny was unaware Mark was deliberately getting close to him. Mark was doing it anyway no matter if Johnny was aware of the fun Mark was having on stage with him.

During the show I could not keep from noticing details, some I was looking for, and some just jumped out at me. This was not to scrutinize Johnny that night. I have always done this because there are certain gestures, moves, expressions, curious actions, that I anticipate seeing because they have been a part of Johnny's persona for so long. One happening that jumped out of nowhere was noticing the electric fan blowing on his face and hair. I enjoyed seeing his hair move away from his face and thought of how comforting that breeze must have felt on his skin. All the while he stood so emotionless with fingers flying all over the fretboard, eyes closed, making this sound we all crave, and it looks as if it is done so effortlessly.

I was especially pleased with the Seattle crowd because I never heard anyone yell out a request for any song, not even a yell of 'rock and roll.' I felt this was quite respectful, almost like the crowd 'felt' they somehow understood this was something done in the past and is no longer necessary.

The acoustics of the Showbox were excellent making the show sound like it had professional enough sound quality to become a CD.

Then Johnny headed over to the side of the stage to strap on the old Firebird, that gorgeous guitar that just looks so natural in Johnny's hands - almost an extension of Johnny. Vito played a really enjoyable drum solo while Johnny took the time needed to get the Firebird properly in place. During this time I was standing on the dance floor and a guy must have noticed me taking notes and said, 'You can put down he is fucking incredible.' Like I didn't know this already!

Of course the crowd went nuts when he started playing slide on 'The Sun is Shining.' Johnny was ripping it up on slide and it made you feel so happy. It was just heart wrenching hearing him play slide. He is the master. It was amazing because at times he looked as if he was about to fall asleep he was so relaxed and familiar with playing slide on his Firebird.

Then he strapped on the Lazer again, pulled his hair out from under the strap, and slowly walked back to the mike. The crowd was yelling, just so excited that he was standing there about to play another song. Then Johnny said something to the audience and I believe it was announcing that Mark was about to do a song. I believe it was named 'Goin' Down.' Then Johnny walks over Mark and they are standing facing one other. Johnny played guitar and Mark sang. Toward the end of the song Johnny walked over to the far edge of the stage and turned a knob so the end of the song had both his guitar and Mark's bass making a nice loud sound, not too loud, but it was quite an effective ending to the song.

Then 'Johnny Guitar' started up and it was a true crowd pleaser. It is amazing how much energy and emotion you can feel from this song, especially if you look at Johnny while he is playing and singing, looking completely emotionless, yet the song moves. It seemed a conundrum to me. During this song I almost missed his one and only turn around of the night because I was having so much fun jumping around not watching Johnny on stage. Fortunately I just happened to open my eyes and caught him at the right moment.

The crowd was psyched and the band was through - Johnny, Mark and Vito left the stage. But it wasn't long before they were called back and the encore was 'Drop the Bomb.'

Here it was the last song of the night and Johnny dove into this song harder than any song of the night. He gave it his all on guitar. As the other guys were singing Johnny was standing there putting down some heavy licks. Mark was just driving that bass furiously and Vito was as eager as a teenager with his first drum set. The three of them were cooking.

Then Johnny gave the names of each band member and what they played and he looked genuinely happy to be there. He said, 'God bless you, good night,' and the three of them left the stage. You knew immediately that was the end of the show.

You've got to respect Johnny even more for he is someone who can drag his fragile body from town to town, country to country, and continues to give his all.

The days following the show seem to make enough of an impression that song lyrics automatically come in your head at no warning. You begin to clearly hear Johnny singing and playing guitar and there is no music coming from anywhere. The sound is totally captured inside of your head. This is proof that you have experienced an excellent show by a true master, and that it touched both your conscious and subconscious mind.

Johnny had done it again for us and how fortunate it felt to have experienced yet another night being able to let go of all inhibitions and worries and rock out with Johnny again, feel the blues and all emotions with him again, be able to open your heart and give him all your love and respect once again.




Wednesday, 8 September 1999, Portland , OR, Aladdin Theatre

Friday, 10 September 1999, San Francisco, CA, Fillmore West

Review: "Johnny Winter Blues Review" at the Fillmore (San Francisco), 9/10/99

Man, it had been a l-o-o-o-ong time since I had last seen Johnny Winter. I think the last time was at the Spectrum in Philadelphia in the early '70's. He was with Rick Derringer then; the "Johnny Winter And.." days. So, when I saw he was playing at the Fillmore Friday and Saturday, 10-11 Sept. during my visit to the Bay area, I decided to check him out again. So I went last night (Friday).

I got to the Fillmore ticket window about 8:30 p.m., bought my $21.50 ticket, and was about to go in when up rolled this huge grey and black touring it was there to pick ME up or something. Several people (roadies, friends, ??) rolled out and disappeared into the fenced in backstage entrance, but soon reappeared with a BIG plate of salad covered with plastic wrap and a bowl of fruit which they took into the bus. The interior bus lights were on and I positioned myself to be able to look through the front windshield into the bus. There HE was, tattoo's and all, a Richard Petty-like hat on his head over that long white crop of hair, wearing a black sleeveless T-shirt and blue jeans, slumped forward over one of the front seats in the bus talking to someone. I only got a look at HIM for a minute or so before one of the crew pulled some curtains across the entry-way between the driver seat and the passenger compartment . But what I did notice immediately was how incredibly thin HE was. I also notice how incredibly big, and decked out, the inside of the bus was. I could see table and the kitchenette towards the front, the crew bunk-beds on the side further back, and what appeared to be a sitting area further on in. Man, this guy shits in HIGH cotton !!

I continued to hang around out front, hoping to get a couple more looks through the winshield and, as luck would have it, the curtains got moved aside a few minutes later and I could see Johnny sitting down about half-way back in the bus, with his white headstock-less guitar on his lap, apparently running through some warm-up licks. He was turned away from me, so I couldn' t see his face or the front of the guitar. Then the curtains in the bus were once more drawn and that was that, so I went on inside the Fillmore to grab a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and catch the opening acts.

The first opening act had already started: a singer named Susan Angeletti who reminded me of Mama Cass (although somewhat less rotund). She was good, as was her three-piece back up band. The guitarist played what looked like a '57 re-issue Strat through a VOX combo (AC-30 ?) amp and had great tone and stage presence. He reminded me of Ronald Reagan, Jr...yes, folks, that is what Ron Reagan, Jr. would have looked like had he took up playing guitar in a rock band instead of dance and, later, journalism. He played with his fingers, a la Jeff Beck, although the trem on his Strat was cranked down against the body and the arm not installed. It looked like he had a couple orange DOD or Boss stomp boxes on the floor, but from my vantage point right then, I couldn't tell for sure. Anyway the band was good.I enjoyed them for the brief 20 minutes I watched them play.

Next up was a rockabilly band, fronted by ex-Stray Cat bassist Lee Rocker. These guys SMOKED, and were extremely entertaining. Lee reminds me of a scaled down Andrew Dice Clay, all decked out in leather, hair slicked up and back in a pompadour, and a cigarette dangling from his lips. (The Fillmore is "supposed" to be non-smoking, as are ALL public establishments in California, but what the F..K !). It was "battle of the Telecasters" between the two guitarists, one playing through an old Super Reverb and the other playing through a newer looking, beige Tolex covered, oxblood grill Deluxe Reverb (re-issue, I guess) with extension cabinet. It was hard to tell who was the "lead guitarist" cause both these guys traded off so often and both were very good. The "Deluxe" guy was a big boy, lookin' like a Billy Bob or a Bubba , and obviously had the country and rockabilly chops down pat, but also really cooked on a few blues-based numbers. The Tele he played had an autograph on it "To Mike from Scotty Moore" and some date I couldn't make out written in black marker on the body above the neck pickup. The other "Super Reverb" guy played a similar Tele, and did some nice slide work on what looked like an original black Danelectro double cut-away. He reminded me of a cross between Rory Gallagher, Bruce Springsteen, and Brian Setzer. Of course, Lee Rocker hi'sef played an upright bass with a large, tri-angular "DANGEROUS" sticker on the back. He did most of the singing, too. Like I said, these guys SMOKED and really got the house rockin' during their 45 minute set. I wish I knew who that Bubba-tele player was..

Then came Johnny.

Now this is where it gets tough for me, cause I need to be charitable out of respect for Johnny Winter and what he has been to music. I mean, the guy is an INSTITUTION in rock and roll, and perhaps THAT is the crux of the matter. And I have copped more licks from Johnny's playing than I care to admit. Anyway, when Johnny appeared walking up the steps to the stage in the right wings, he was being helped up by his other band members: the drummer and bassist. He had on the same garb I described earlier, and had the white Laser guitar strapped on around his neck. He didn't really walk, but shuffled feebly across the stage as if his legs couldn't move. And when he finally stood still, he constantly rocked back and forth shifting his weight from one cowboy-boot clad foot to the other in a steady, never ending manner which went on ALL if he stopped he would fall over. Damn, was he ever SKINNY. I mean, his jeans just hung on his feeble frame of a body. He looked like he was 80 years old, although damn proud of it, and I noticed how frail his arms looked. And his hands .almost feminine.

He plugged into one of his two pristine, like-new MusicMan 410-HD's through a Boss Blues Driver (the ONLY external effect he used) and started into "Hideaway ". YEAH !!! .that was Johnny Winter's tone and licks coming out of that amp's speakers. But was it really Johnny playing ? With my eye's closed, I could visualize Johnny stalking the stage as he used to years ago, long and lanky with that white hair flying around and the long neck of that Firebird Trashing all over. But when I opened my eyes, here stood what appeared to be a puppet.a wind-up-doll of Johnny Winter shifting monotonously back and forth from one foot to the other and completely out of sync with the beat of the music, and with eyes squinted constantly closed. I rarely saw him open his eyes all night, but he is an Albino and the bright stage lights probably bother him). I was about 10 feet back from the stage, and just a little left of center, and I could clearly see he WAS playing, and even blowing, some of his well-worn licks. But it looked very weird to see him like that.shuffling side to side to some rhythm in his head other than the beat of the music. It crossed my mind that maybe Johnny's playing was (dare I say it ?) TAPED.DUBBED the Jan and Dean thing when Jan tried to make a comeback. But no, those riffs were coming from those fingers and that guitar, no doubt about it.

As the set progressed, I realized that he was dragging out some of his old standards like "Got My Mojo Workin", "Boogie Real Slow (With the Lights Down Low)", and "Johnny Guitar" into extended jams which allowed him to repeat many of his trademark licks over an over. He played about 10 songs during the course of the 1-hour set, and the crowd LOVED it. . I mean, that's Johnny Winter up there. And if he can't jump around to Jumpin' Jack Flash anymore cause of arthritis or whatever, WHO CARES !?!? If he were pushed out in a wheel-chair, the crowd would have gone just as nuts over his music, although his vocals were so frail and muffled you could hardly hear him. His trademark "YEAH"s into the mike were more like a whisper than a roar. And if he lost the beat, or blew a lick from time to time.WHO CARES ?!?! Let's put it this way: if Johnny would have just shuffled out on the stage, squinted into the lights, whispered a strained "YEAH" into the mike, and hit ONE NOTE.the crowd would have LOVED it. As it was, he DID play a few of his trademark standards, and had killer tone to boot. And I almost forgot: halfway through the set, he pulled out that old brown reverse-headstock Firebird from somewhere behind the amps, strapped it on, and ripped off some great slide work for a couple numbers, which just whipped the crowd into a frenzy. Then he went back to the Laser.

It was clear that Johnny had a great time playing, even though he physically could not show it except for the smile on his face. And from their response, the crowd loved Johnny, too. I heard one guy ahead of me bitch about Winters performance, and another told him that if he didn't like it then get the F...K OUT.

Did I enjoy it ? Well, it was cool to see Johnny again be able to command an audience like he does. Sort of like Pope John raising his hand in a blessing and everybody falling down on their knees so as to get the maximum benefit from it. His tone was KILLER, and watching his fragile fingers walk (but not necessarily run) over the fretboard of his Laser and rip off some great blues licks was great. He had a way of leaving his ring finger holding a E- note at fret 5 and moving his middle and forefinger back to play A and C notes at fret 1 and 2 that I thought was pretty cool. It was a very fluid and interesting move . It was easy to follow what he was playing and how he was playing it. I learned a few new things. It was clear to me, though, that he was playing exactly what he has been playing probably every day for the past 30+ ( or maybe 40+) years...nothing more and, I felt, quite a bit less. No improvisation going on here, folks. Just tried and true blues licks that have stood the test of time.

Johnny Winter.God Love Him.


Saturday, 11 September 1999, San Francisco, CA, Fillmore West

Hi This is a brief post, I still have to get all my thoughts in order.

1. Vito is the drummer. He came out with Mark at the bus signing.

2. They both sang Jeff Beck's tune I'm Going Down.

3. The Fillmore was pretty much PACKED. 4. The crowd LOVED Johnny Winter.

5.Johnny's guitar playing improved alot. Still not the Johnny Winter of years ago tearing up & down the fretboard like a MAD DOG. But he did not miss notes,fumble etc... He found a position on the git example E 12 fret and played his solo across the strings sometimes going to the 15th & 17th frets sometimes. He played it safe. It was GOOD! I'm a player myself so I studied him closely. The solos were not all the STANDARD NYC LIVE solos. As I said he STRETCHED out.

6. He took chances and got a great APPLAUSE after his solo in Sick & Tired.

7. He burned on Slide on The Sun Is Shining.

8. Vocally is still very, very weak, still slurred some words, could not hit some notes. Seemed very MEDICATED.

9. Most of the set was NYC '97 minus SKY IS CRYING. Approx 1 hour.

10.Could change his own guitars (get them off), but could not PUT THEM BACK ON. The roadie put them over his shoulder and strapped them on. I was about 30 feet from the stage.

11.He can barely see. Took him minutes almost 2 or 3 to walk to center stage after changing guitars.

12.He did his classic SPIN on Drop The Bomb. No problem. Michael Jackson might have watched Johnny Winter!

Jay Siekierski

Monday, 13 September 1999, Ventura, CA, Ventura Theatre

Thursday, 16 September 1999, West Hollywood, CA, House Of Blues

Saturday, 18 September 1999, Santa Ana, CA, Galaxy Theatre

Sunday, 19 September 1999, S.J. Capistrano, CA, Coach House

Tuesday, 16 November 1999, Toad's Place - 300 York Street - New Haven, CT

On Tuesday night 11/16 I went to see Johnny perform at a club called Toad's Place in New Haven, Connecticut. I have had the pleasure of watching Johnny play live many dozens of times in the last 25 years. This review is most difficult. I learned along time ago not to compare his 1970's style of playing to his playing style of the 1990's. They are different because he obviously wanted them to be. I personally like the idea of being able to separate the transitions he has made through the years. I do believe though, that it is fair to compare those performances in 1992 (with Edgar) to now. The overall style and set list has not changed.

Last night was the first time that I was truly disappointed by what I saw. I had not seen Johnny since November of 1997. Forget the pale and skinny frame. He looked like that in 1974 and that has never really been an issue for me. He is who he is, just like the rest of us. What bothered me was that when he came on stage at 10:40pm he seemed disorientated and somewhat unaware of why he was there. I've seen him better than 40 times and at least 10 times at this venue and I never felt the way that I did last night. My day long anticipation of the event turned into concern. This was new to me. His moves and gestures were of a man 20 years older than he. He took baby steps to move to the mic and needed help with every aspect of what he was doing. Normally, it's a loud yeah! to the audience and than a ripping intro before he begins Hideaway. Last night was just a weak start to Hideaway which was mostly off key and slow motion with regard to tempo. A lot of missed notes and really, a "goin' through the motions" display. Hideaway has always been one of my favorites, but I couldn't say that last night. In fact, every song of the set was slow and dragging. I had this persistent pounding of my foot as if to say "come on guys, pick it up a bit". It was alittle frustrating. It was basically Johnny Winter sleep walking. His vocals were weak but I didn't expect a change because I knew this of his performances in the last few years. He held his own.

Vito on drums was good but not a Tom Compton. Mark on bass was outstanding. I believe that he really helps to hold things together. At one point Johnny announced that he was going to play some slow blues. He stood there perplexed for a moment and asked "what is the name of the song?" Anyone familiar with the set knew it would be Black Jack Game. Mark came to his side and reminded him. Johnny played The Sun is Shining where his slide playing was perfection. It is absolutely amazing how second nature playing the slide is for him. I thought that this might be the turning point in the show. He came back with Johnny Guitar which is what I always look most forward to but he really didn't seem to have his heart in it.

The show ended at about 11:55pm. I must say that the audience participation was tremendous. It was a packed house. From the outset, he was welcomed with cheers like I haven't heard in some time. This went on through the entire show. It felt great that the audience was giving him the respect he deserves. There were two warm up bands. The first band, I didn't catch the name because I arrived just as they were finishing up, featured Bobby Tirello on drums. Hadn't seen him in years. The second band was Susan Angeletti. She had a great voice but I thought the band was mediocre.

Let me just say that I have never had the heart or reason for that matter to be critical of one of Johnny's' performances. Last night really through me for a loop. Call it shock if you will. I hope someone else on this list was there so that they may voice their opinion as well. My goal is to tell it like it was, not how we would like it to be. Believe me, that is most difficult for me. Now, I'd like some opinions. Don't you think it would be in Johnny's' best interest to drop this set list and start performing different material at live performances? It seems that they are all (the band) no longer animated by these songs and that it has become somewhat tedious to perform them each night for so many years. They are still playing the Live in NYC set. It seems like it has become more like a job than anything else. I notice the stage crew has completely changed. Are changes like this and Tom Compton leaving related to some dissatisfaction with the situation? I'm throwing it out there in hopes some of you more knowledgeable about what's happening could comment.

In closing, I still believe that Johnny on his worst day is better than most guitarists on their best. However, if I just compare Johnny to himself over the last seven years I see the deterioration. It was difficult to watch last night. I know of the stories about medication for anxiety. If this is the result than he needs a new doctor. Maybe it was just an off night. My head wants to be told that but my gut tells me something else. Please don't hold this review against me. I think Johnny is the greatest guitarist of all time but a certain reality must be realized.

Frank Sessa

Thursday, 18 November 1999, Theater For The Living Arts - 334 South Street - Philadelphia, PA


Friday, 19 November 1999, Daytona's - 850 Fort Smallwood - Pasadena, MD

Hey folks,

I saw Johnny last night at the same venue I saw him in February of this year.

I won't rehash the playlist, it's the exact same as the one he has been playing - no new surprises, that is in no way a complaint though. He still has the same cast of characters too.

He hit the stage around 11:15, and the first thing that struck me is that he was moving MUCH better than he had been in Feb. His health seems to have improved a great deal. Now don't get me wrong, it isn't like he leaped on to the stage, he had to have help on the steps, but he was able to walk with less assistance, and the "grandpa shuffle" was gone.

He still didn't do a great deal of moving around, stayed at the mike almost the whole time with the exception of a couple of interactions with Mark during the lead parts, and of course he and Mark were facing each other during the entire song for "going down" (that's the song that Gino sings). And yes, he did rock back and forth the whole time, But overall, he needed a lot less assistance.

His playing was still somewhat repetitive, but there was a marked difference in the quality of his guitar playing. Yes there were a couple of flubs, but I always caught one or two in just about every of the now 18 shows that I've seen.

However, he stretched out and had a LOT more impromptu lead inserts into his lead playing. You will pardon my inability to say it correctly, but I don't play guitar as some of you do, but he threw in some pretty hard tabs into certain points of certain lead breaks. Overall, his playing was MUCH improved. He was hitting the frets much better than he did in Feb., and it was clear from his apparent overall health improvement that he had more energy and was a lot more at ease in his playing. There were actually a few lead parts that blew me away - a glimpse of the Johnny of years gone by.

When he pulled out the Firebird for "The Sun is Shining" he absolutely tore the joint apart! His slide playing was very good! I am still amazed by the fact that he is IMHO head and shoulders above anyone else that has endeavored to play the slide guitar.

The crowd was surprisingly small - it was by no means a sell-out. But the people there were for the most part Johnny fans, and gave him the respect and usual shouts, screams, and applause that he so richly deserves.

I was right up front, a mere 8 feet or so away from him. One of the things that struck me was the joy that he obviously felt from being in (what I have come to understand) is his favorite place in the world - playing in front of his fans. It was clear at a few points that he could genuinely feel the love that was emanating from the crowd in his direction.

Now let me be clear: He was by no means back to what I feel is his pinnacle, circa 1993, but he is obviously doing better than he was a year ago - even his singing was improved, not by a large degree, but improved, non-the-less.


Saturday, 20 November 1999, Jaxx - 6365 Rolling Road - Springfield / Alexandria, VA

Jaxx 20 Nov 1999
Tickets: $25

Took the stage: 10:24pm

Boogie Real Low
Sick & Tired
Blackjack Game
The Sun is Shining
Going Down
Johnny Guitar

Left the stage: 11:36pm

Drop the Bomb

Show over: 11:45pm

If playing better means fewer muffs then it was better than his appearance here in June. He did have a few, but not as obvious ones. His playing was safe and without emotion. Johnny plays the same set for so long it's more like a job than what I would call fun. Not bad pay for an hours worth of work. (As long as you can get it). The performance was repetitious and lacking in dynamics.

The stage was lit from the back and not once from the front through the entire show. It was probably my imagination and not intentional on Jaxx's part but, as a result, Johnny was a shadow on the stage and it was hard to see his features as he played. I'm sure if you tried to take a picture without a flash you could forget it. I think the 'no pictures' change was spur of the moment. Otherwise, why would they have allowed everyone to bring them in?

His vocals were weak. In general, I thought he appeared weaker this time. The constant shifting from one foot to the other was there and he no longer changed his guitar himself. The roadie putting the guitar strap around him and plugging it in for him. There was no spin in 'Drop the Bomb' ,as before, and I'm _glad he dropped it_. He might feel like a Hundred Bucks but he moved like 25. He wore his Brown Hat, Black Blues Brother shirt, Jeans, and Boots.

Same Gear. Music Man Amp, HD4-10, mic'd in the front and back. Boss Chorus CE-2, White Lazer, and Firebird for slide.

He played through the motion for 'The Sun is Shining'. I personally think it was weaker than previously although I'm sure someone else may not agree. One thing that was different, Mark would play a little riff on the bass while Johnny was changing to and from the Firebird. I imagine so that most watched him instead of Johnny while he deliberately, and carefully, changed guitars.

Teddy Slatus was in attendance. One item was allowed on the bus for an autograph after the show.

Mark Epstein-Bass Vito Luizzi-Drums, vocal on Going Down

Please do not post this elsewhere without permission.

Gary gengle

Another review of Johnny Winter at JAXX

Went to see Johnny Winter at the bottom line on the 28th of Nov. For the very first time. Now I have remembered Him only from the 70's. Johnny Winter and was the album, and I began to play lead guitar from then on. Until then I was only considered as a half-assed rythm player. Before I went to see Him, I purchased some of His cd's: Mojo working, Still alive and well, and anthology. I was all jacked up. I had forgotten how great this guy was. Well, you could imagine my disappointment as I saw, what looked like a guy about 90 yrs old being helped on to the stage. Just 10 minutes before that I was telling my wife, who accompanied me, how great this guy was. How it was Johnny Winter who got me off my ass and inspired me to really play the guitar! Well, I thought, maybe He is stoned or just getting over the flu or something. Well, my wife, who has been a nurse for over 20 some odd yrs tells me she has seen patients who looked like that before. I asked her what was wrong with them? She said this is what a person looks like who is either dying of cancer or aids, or something fatal as that. Now I'm in way stating a fact, just giving an observation, I loved Johnny's playing and would never maliciously start any rumors. As Johnny was helped putting on his guitar the audience came alive and starting yelling, "We love ya Johnny." John then started playing, I guess the same songs as on His live in NYC 97. Man, I almost broke down and cried. I had once idolized, which I considered to be, the best guitarist of them all. I mean the best. I have seen clapton, van halen, stevie ray vaughn, and listened to a lot of Hendrix, whom I consider equally as great. I could not believe that such a musician could sound like such an amateur after playing for over 30 some odd yrs. It leaves me to believe that He is either dying, or has the worst type of arthritis known to mankind. Johnny, I will always listen to your records, but don't do this to your fans, I mean I spent a lot of money on those tickets and am in bad health myself, but even I would not perform if I was unable too. If your sick, get help, if not then maybe its time to retire.


Tuesday, 23 November 1999, House of Blues - 114 Mount Auburn Street - Cambridge, MA

Wednesday, 24 November 1999, House of Blues - 114 Mount Auburn Street - Cambridge, MA

Friday, 26 November 1999, Pearl Street - 10 Pearl Street - Northampton, MA

Saturday, 27 November 1999, Northern Lights - Rt. 146 West - Clifton Park, NY

Sunday, 28 November 1999, Bottom Line - 15 West 4th Street - NY

Contact Webmaster , Copyright © 1995-2016 - All material on this page is copyrighted by their respective owners, redistribution is strictly forbidden

Last Modified: 24-Mar-2018 15:20